The Altair Inspire PolyFoam is the newest simulation analysis tool of Altair. It is an integral part of Inspire for manufacturing platform. With Inspire Polyfoam, learn and perform an injection & foaming simulation and evaluate design concepts. Understand how to incorporate Inspire PolyFoam into traditional design process to efficiently optimize designs and avoid typical Foam defects.
Goals and Objectives:
- Introduction to Polyurethane foaming:
- Background, Theory, Applications and Market.
- Get started with:
- Learn about the Altair Inspire PolyFoam
- Understand accessibility of ribbons, model browser, property editor and other user-interfaces.
- Know how to create and modify geometries.
- Know how to setup model.
- Foam part selection, type of material, temperature.
- Nozzle path and selection
- Learn about some additional tooling components like Velcro, mold, vents…
- Learn how to setup process parameters and run simulation with specific meshing criteria.
- Analyze results stages Injection, Foaming, and Criterion.
- Results such as Temperature, Pressure, Head ID, Material ID, and many others.